Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lolwut?

This gem showed up on our server forums. I was going to write about something regarding my utter distaste for everything 25 man, but this was just too delicious to pass up.

"So now we have 2 Guilds with 25 Algalon kills (alliance of course) and Horde hasn't done one... or even a 10 man for that matter. Whats the dealio? We need some Starcallers/Astral Walkers" - Dragok, Level 19 Warrior, Eldre'Thalas.

Now then, I'm not one to brag, but if you're going to make some sort of comment like that, you might want to get your facts straight before you jump the gun and start to bash on the Horde community. A Horde guild has killed Algalon, in fact, I wear my Starcaller title just about everywhere I go because in the battlegrounds it tells people, "hey, I'm leet, back off or heal me". This fact was quickly brought up by a member of the guild Steel which we used to run with back in the day when we were Alliance side. Yeah, the Horde have killed Algalon, check out the guild Parabola.

Simple fact-checking aside, it was Dragok's response to the fact that a Horde guild has killed Algalon that probably pissed me off the most, "
Those are faction changes. They're still alliance".

LOLWUT?

While I'll admit that, yes, I did faction change, how can I still be Alliance? One of our hunters jumped on the comment with a real gem: "
If I'm Alliance then why do they get so mad when I go to Ironforge?" It's true. Those dwarves do get awful mad when I try to show up at the old stomping grounds.

My point here is, well, what makes a player Horde and what makes a player Alliance? Sure when I started the game I rolled an Alliance toon, but that was just because the blood elves didn't exist yet, and the people that I knew played Alliance as well. Had my friends been playing Horde, I could have just as easily joined them there. There was a 50-50 shot, and I ended up as Alliance for a good long while. What does it matter? While I understand that on some servers there is a certain mentality that goes along with playing either Horde or Alliance (see the Malygos server), did I miss something in the faction change? I look like a blood elf, I taste like a blood elf, and I sure as hell dance like one, but am I not part of the Horde? Did I miss some important meeting or memo to christen myself as a member of the Horde? Maybe this guy is just angry because I didn't go through that whole issue of leveling through the Barrens or Silverpine Forest, and for that, my apologies, we'll still have Stranglethorn Vale together to reminisce about.

I view myself as a member of the Horde, but apparently there are those out there that don't. If that's the case, please tell me what I'm missing here. Is there some sort of secret Horde handshake?

Point of fact: we killed Algalon after the faction change, but apparently we were just Alliance in disguise. Furthermore, if you're going to try and not to be a complete troll, at least post on a toon that's on the same server we are.

2 comments:

  1. "one of our Hunters"

    I'm the ONLY Hunter!! Now if I could just get a pug to heal me in a bg because of my title=/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, we've got two hunters. Since we're Horde now (LOLRITE?) I consider Hiricine to be one of our hunters no matter what server we're on. He's like...an emeritus hunter.

    ReplyDelete