Monday, March 15, 2010

Divine Sacrifice is my L-pill.

Dear Divine Sacrifice,

I'm writing this to you because I feel that there's something that's been bugging me. It's nothing big, but it's just an annoyance, and I worry that if I don't get this off my chest soon, it'll just fester and become one of those terrible things that we get in fights about all the time. You know those fights. The ones where we are mad at each other, but won't tell each other why we're mad? Yeah, so...I'm trying avoid that from happening. Now, I'm going to say some painful things here, and I'm pretty sure you'll have plenty to say back, but hear me out. This can really be therapeutic...for the both of us. So, here I go...

I remember back when I was looking over my three talent trees for the first time. Hell, the very first time you weren't even there, but they added you in, and I'm happy for it--for the both of us. But we both know that's not where we started. It took some time, I had to get all of my points in the retribution tree squared away, and we both know how picky I can be about those sort of things. A few patches came out and I had to shuffle some stuff around, and looking back on it, I feel bad for what I did. I shuffled five points around and slotted them into some first tier holy talents. Was I selfish in doing so? Probably, but you know me, right? 15% more damage on my raiding seal, hon. I really couldn't pass that up, not by a long shot.

You knew. You knew all along. In fact, I bet you were smiling there, in your third tier spot. I had passed you over a few times, but you knew it was coming. Don't try to hide that smirk, believe me, I've seen it too many times for you to hide it from me. With all of my talent points set: five holy, ten protection, fifty-five retribution you had to have known what was coming. Hell, I bet you were looking pretty smug, I would have. If anything, I bet you were pushing out your chest just a little, tugging that plunging neckline down that tiny bit, trying to entice me. Babe, you didn't need to. Not in the slightest. I had one talent point left to spend and my OCD had me filling you out like a single mother signing a freshly-minted welfare check.

Others out there said you were a steal at just one talent point. Others said that Aura Mastery was the new hotness, and that you were old and busted. I didn't much listen to what they all had to say. Sure Aura Mastery was pretty slick with a nice set of lips, but babe, you had it going for miles, or at least my OCD compelled me to believe as such. I'm happy so say that I was right.

The whole time you must have known I'd end up picking you, but I want you to know it's not because you're the fat kid getting picked last for the kickball team. I know that's what some people say, but they're wrong. It's just that you're...well...situational. Christ, that sounds terrible, but I don't know how else to explain it, and I think that if you sit down and give it some thought, you'll agree with me.

And well, that's sort of why I'm writing this. Being as situational as you are, babe, it's like playing Russian roulette when I use you, except all of the chambers but one are loaded. You know I like to gamble, but honey, those aren't my kind of odds.

I know you've had some bodywork since when you first came out, and that's fine. Hell, I learned to live with you then, now is no different. But honestly, you're getting me gibbed when I use you. Now I'm not talking minor gibs here, I'm talking Solider of Fortune ludicrous gibs here. When I click your glowy fisty halo thing I'm not even getting a chance. It's been so bad sometimes that I've begun to wonder if I'm hitting Divine Intervention instead, but I know I'm not, so please don't bring your sister into this we both know how you two act around one another.

Really, though, remember Festergut two weeks ago? And then the week before that? You're supposed to break the damage reduction if it drops me below 20% health, babe. Remember that? If you don't, that's okay, we can work on it, but if that's not the case...stop being such a vindictive bitch. Don't you go giving me that "l2bubble" crap either. We both know that I don't like using it. It's like wearing a condom...it just doesn't feel right. So just forget about that bit, alright?

Okay, I'm just going to stop there, this is starting to get into venting/ranting territory. Hopefully you can work through what I've written here and respond accordingly. If not, well, just read it and hopefully some of it will make sense. I'm not trying to push you away or anything, but if you keep gibbing me like you have been, I'll just have to go see what Aura Mastery is doing on Tuesday night.

Love and kisses,

W-Crusher

2 comments:

  1. Bribe a priest for a shield. Bribe the holy paladin to have him pump his Beacon healing through you. Epic gems get a lot of favors.

    Don't forget: on Tuesday nights all orange fog is Shadow damage, so don't roll up in Retribution or Aura Mastery will laugh at you like the last guy who showed up with a duct-tape-wrapped Bryntroll ("to make it look more solid"). Treat Aura Mastery properly and the healers might fawning over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use a /cancelaura macro, and double-tap it. Do that while Festerface is winding up the pain, and you have the raidwide 20% up, but get nothing transferred to yourself.

    This brought to you by a tank who really really likes having more damage reduction cooldowns...

    ReplyDelete